2015 - First Place for Best Signature Page; Alabama Press Association
2014 - Third Place for Original/Creative Idea; Alabama Press Association
2010 - Silver Addy for Advertising for the Arts; Montgomery, AL, AAF
2010 - Silver Addy for Poster Design in Student Division; Birmingham, AL, AAF
2009 - Silver Addy for Editorial Design in Student Division; Dothan, AL, AAF
2009 - Best in Show & People’s Choice with team at Edible Art Show; Troy, AL
Adobe Dreamweaver 2-4*
Adobe InDesign CS 2-6*
Adobe Illustrator CS 2-6*
Adobe Photoshop CS 2-6*
Atex Mactive Adbase
Cisco Agent Desktop
Open Office Suite*
*On Both Mac & Windows
SPECIAL TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
Contest Sales • Deal Sales
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE | TROY UNIVERSITY
Major: Design, Technology, and Innovation
Minor: English, Emphasis in Creative Writing
Member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority (Assistant Finance Vice President, Recruitment Information Manager, T-Shirt Chair, Philanthropy Co-Chair, Recruitment Vice President) • Art Guild • English Club (President) Gay Straight Alliance • Sigma Tau Delta (National English Honor Society; President)
OWNER | MAKE EVERYDAY BETTER LLC
December 2015 - Present
Let's take the everyday stuff, the ho hum, and make it amazing! I specialize in graphic design and event planning. I also post daily inspirations across social media to help make my followers' everyday lives a little brighter each morning.
EVENT COORDINATOR/LAYOUT SPECIALIST | OPELIKA-AUBURN NEWS
June 2012 - Present
• Layout Specialist - Layout ads on pages, control page count, organize inserts, setup press plans, track revenue, design print & digital ads, book house ads, create flyers; submit pricing requests; branding package for owhatadealnow.com; social media on facebook & twitter
• Event Coordinator - Create the branding/advertising package & vendor packet; sell vendor spaces & develop event floorplan; organize volunteers; track revenue, contracts, & ticket sales; gather content & images for the corresponding special sections; oversee event from concept to completion
• March of Dimes Team Captain 2014, 2015, 2016
CUSTOMER CARE CONSULTANT | AFNI INC.
March 2011 - March 2012
• Assist customers with logging into their online account & making changes to their wireless plans
• Analyze past usage to recommend calling, texting, & data plans
• Received Employee of the Month award for February 2012.
FREELANCE DESIGNER | JESSICA HENDERSON DESIGNS
May 2010 - Present
• Latest projects include: wedding design package, business cards, podcast logo
• Commissioned artwork focused on up-cycling, recycling, and re-purposing materials
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN | TROY UNIVERSITY DEPT. OF ART & DESIGN
August 2009 - May 2010
• Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services 2009 Annual Report
• Posters, invitations, and bookmarks to advertise a reading by author Janisse Ray
• Work for University programs including: cover for the 2009 Year in Review booklet; brochure for the Homestay and International Friends programs; covers for the 2010-2011 Undergraduate and Graduate course catalogs.
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN | PRINT PARCEL & POST
May 2008 - May 2010
• Designed business cards, posters & brochures for various businesses
• Designed newspaper ads, brochures, & push cards for political candidates
• Created postcards, posters, & flyers to advertise the business’ grand opening
Hi, I'm Jessica.
Graphic Designer and Event Coordinator by day, crafter and wanderluster by night.
I work hard, but I also make sure to take time to enjoy myself. Have you been swimming with alligators, watched a meteor shower on the beach, walked barefoot in the grass at Stonehenge, or gone down a natural water slide on a mountain in Maine? I have.
What's life for if you don't take the time to enjoy it?